Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Departure Day

Colin, Jacob, Philip and Sara left yesterday morning at 6:30 after a sleepless night. Problems with allergies, because of all of the dust that was being kicked up while moving stuff out of the house, and thoughts of the changes going on in our lives, made it difficult to sleep. They left and it was time to get to work, here on the home front. Megan, Tommy and I got dressed and headed to the hospital to be with Bonieta and Marcy, while Paul was in surgery. We are thanking God that He kept His hand on Paul during this procedure. He had to have his bladder scraped due to cancer. Thankful that everything went well.

The kids and I left there at 11:30, when they allowed Paul to go home. We headed to the grocery store and bought Grandma's groceries and picked up some TV dinners for lunch. We then went to the house, ate lunch and started cleaning. We were able to completely empty out and clean the master bath, bedroom and Jacob's room. Three rooms down, six to go... Then garage sale.

Today I have washed three loads of laundry, cut Grandma's hair and Tommy's hair. Beds are made, kitchen is clean, Megan has done a Science lesson already. Now I must do some school with Tommy, clean Grandma's house all before lunch. Grandma has a luncheon today, so when she leaves I will take the kids to lunch and then drop them off at Papa Shuler's house... The kids are Papa sitting today, since he is unable to get up and around for the next week to ten days. They will stay with him and be his gophers... I will come back to Grandma's and start organizing stuff and get rid of some boxes. I will go back and pick the kids up and be back to Grandma's by 5pm so we can Skype with the OKC church and be a part or their service tonight... Tonight is a special night for us. Not only will our memberships be accepted (I hope) there, but they will be setting Jacob and Philip forth as Lay Ministers in the Church of God. Very exciting time. I am truly grateful for the calling on my kid's lives and their willingness to accept. God is good!

Now I must get started on school with Tommy.

1 comment:

  1. Man. I wish I could be included on the skyping! What an exciting time for the family.

    I miss you guys so, so much.

    ReplyDelete