Friday, June 22, 2012

Week #2

Another week has passed since the family has left and
I'm doing ok... The key is: To keep busy!
Last Saturday I finished the Clifford quilt and I
was pretty proud of myself. It was so much fun
putting it all together.
Sunday I took Grandma to church, went to lunch
and then I took her home and I went shopping for
 some Elmo material for my next quilt project.
After finding the perfect material I went over to
visit my in-laws and say "Happy Father's Day"
to my second dad. We had desert and played
some games.... Then I came home and worked on
a press kit for the guys. By Monday I had demo CDs
burned and the fliers made and I was able to mail 11
kits out to the Phoenix area... Hopefully I will have
some bookings for the guys for the holidays.
After the grocery shopping was done on Monday, it
was time to start the Elmo quilt. I was so excited
to get started and it was so cute seeing it come together.
But the happy feelings were tested on this project.
Elmo was not being cooperative and I experienced
another lesson in patience. I finally finished it Wednesday
night... It is far from perfect, but I don't think Zoe
will notice. If everyone else just looks from afar,
it'll all be just fine. :o)
So, here it is.....


Thursday was Grandma's yearly check up at
the Alzheimer Research Institute. She has two
more appointments next week.

Every morning Duke and I get up and walk a
mile... It feels good. I have lost 1 lb... Only
29 to go....


The family is having a blast with the Dixon's.
And revivals have begun again for the guys.
They had a wonderful time at Youth Camp
(Their first Youth Camp).
This last week the guys were in Paragould, AR
and there were good reports from that revival.

Since Sara, Megan and Tommy have been in Mountainview
They have been riding horses... Another first for them.




Yesterday, Colin and the boys joined the kids
in Mountainview. They sang, with the Dixons, at
The Independent Care Facility... This is an
amazing sight to me... I love it!

After singing their little hearts out and blessing the
residents there... They had to go feed those hungry
stomachs... Yummy Pizza Hut!



Two weeks have passed and three more to go, before
I get to fly out for convention. I thank the Lord for
His strength and this time of learning from Him.
He has been speaking to my heart and helping me
make some changes in my life and attitude.
God is so good to me... So blessed!

3 comments:

  1. :) Good post. Thanks for sharring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ger. "What a woman!" :-)
    LOVE the pictures of the kids, especially the ones on horseback. What a fantastic summer they're having! Makes me really miss horseback riding. I haven't been on a horse in nearly 30 years, I suppose. --The picture from the care facility is really great, too. That's special.
    And the quilt??? Oh, my goodness! I'm SO PROUD OF YOU!!! The Brocks, Becki and I took some quilting classes from a neat lady in Howard and her quote that we've hung on to all these years is, "From a galloping horse . . ." Meaning, as long as it looks good from a galloping horse, it passes inspection. Her focus was on making memories, not masterpieces. She was great! And her quote has been a TREMENDOUS aid is helping me "chill out" and relax my perfectionist standards. I know I'm MUCH more relaxed and I feel like everyone around me is probably more relaxed too. :-)
    Love you lots and I keep you and the whole family in my prayers.
    Let me know how Mom Bunny's appointments turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made sure to not show Zoe any pictures of the Elmo quilt. I want her to be totally surprised when you show it to her for the first time!

    I'm so glad everyone is doing well -- especially you! I enjoy our long talks we've had lately! Love you!

    ReplyDelete