Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Week Already?

It has already been a week since the family left for Arkansas.
I think it's going well so far... I feel like I have been
pretty productive. Here's a short recap of my week...
Cleaned and organized the garage, laundry room
and the Arizona room. Cleaned and reorganized
all of the drawers in my room. Took items to Goodwill
and the Recycling place. Packed up and
mailed last year's school supplies back to AZVA.
Packed and mailed things to Colin that he forgot
 to take with him and mailed things that we brought
home from CA that belonged to Zoe and Max.
I went shopping and bought birthday cards,
bought a couple things for myself (rare) and
I couldn't resist... I had to buy a couple outfits for
the grand kids. I also bathed the dog and gave him
a haircut... Isn't he cute? He has been my
faithful companion.... 

I spent a couple of days trying to write a song...
What a disaster... I stink!!!
The most fun I have had is.... I dug out some
quilt blocks I had cut and started to sew together
almost 10 years ago... Loree Brock had come
to Colorado Springs and given the ladies
of the Church a quilt class... I started a quilt, but
never had time to do anything with it. SO, I sewed
the blocks together and here's what I have so far...

I hope to finish the quilt today or Monday and go
buy some more material for another one. I hope to
get a lot of practice, then when the kids get home,
and school starts, the I'll help the girls make their own.
My kids are too old for Clifford the Big Red Dog,
so I guess this first quilt goes to the grand kids.

So, there you have it... One week down and four to
go, before I see them all at convention...

4 comments:

  1. First off, Zoe got really excited seeing yours and Dad's picture on the side bar! =) Second, I totally remember us wanting to start a quilt after Loree came to Colorado Springs! I wish I had some time to be crafty.. maybe when the kids get a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis. Shuler that is a nice quilt good job, now you can come and organize my things sound like a plan?..Glad you are a good week..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracie, HA! Hopefully you'll not wait until you're a grandmother like your mom did! :-)
    Congratulations, Ger, on your amazing productivity! And especially for working on the quilt. Are you going to hand-quilt it? I wish I could get motivated to piece another quilt. I LOVE them! Each one is unique, and so much love goes into each one.
    I didn't know you did your own dog-cuts. That saves a bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace, I never had time to do much crafting when you kids were little, hence the quilt got put on hold... Although you could just add that to your daily chores, a certain time set aside for crafts.

    Janis,if it means a trip out of the heat, and I could actually pull it off, I would. (Of course I can say that because I know I can't) :o)

    Vicki, No, I'm not that ambitious... I will tie the quilt with multi-colored yarn. And yes, I have been cutting Duke's hair for quite a while. After paying $45 for a haircut a few times I decided to take that money and invest in some good clippers and doing it myself... Now I know why they charge $45 for a cut.

    ReplyDelete